Monday, April 26, 2010

Marriage Monday

I stumbled upon a blog awhile back that had dispensed some solid marriage advice with great reminders.  Isn't it refreshing when something slows us down long enough to remember what's important? I thought I would follow suit by starting my own Marriage Mondays, where I'll try to post a little something that hopefully does the same for you and me both. Here's an ode to keeping our marriages strong through the reality that is life, which I am borrowing from a post from my very first blog follower, Casey. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!!






If you haven't seen the video for Taylor Swift's "Love Story", watch it first here: 






Then check out the parody of it below. Comment and tell me what you think! Which one relates to your life more??? Do you have any date night traditions?






post signature

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I posted the second video on my fb page the other day! It is my life in a nut shell. Date night traditions, you ask! I am almost laughing out loud! If we can finally find a babysitter as (teenagers today seem to have way too much going on, I use to drop everything to make a little easy money) most the time we are too tired to do much and just head to dinner somewhere nice. Forget trying to go to a movie too! $10 an hour for a babysitter, the cost of dinner and then what you drop at a movie with snacks. Most times we just put the kids to bed early and rent a $1 movie from RedBox.
    Okay, so I am in obvious need of a date night huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those babies are keepin' ya busy huh??? :-) :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the videos! At our house, date nights turned into Friday Night Pizza and a Movie. A fun family night. Randy was and still is the best at picking out a great rental. (How do you do it? It is a gift.) This became a tradition we shared with Ali and one we still enjoy to this day!

    ReplyDelete